Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gelcoating






Yay! I finished fiberglassing the bottom of the hull yesterday, Saturday, February 16th. Today I applied the first two coats of gelcoat, which in my case is really just West System with some white pigment that I bought off ebay. So it's finally starting to look like a boat. In fact, I really could put it in the water right now and use it. That is, I could use it if it was registered, and the trailer was registered, but that will happen soon enough. I ordered the wiring kit to hook up the lights to the Camry and it should arrive sometime this week, then I can go through with the registration. If look at the last picture, you will notice Nick, the 10 year old from across the street who comes out to help me every time I'm working on the boat!

-Cory

No comments: