Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Complete Boat




Well, it's complete but far from finished. There is still a LOT of work to do, but it is good enough that it can be taken out and used. Noëlle and I took it out on Sunday and had a blast! We cruised down falls lake, found a quiet cove, dropped the anchor and ate a relaxing lunch while watching fish jump and Noëlle even saw some turtles! By the time we got back to the launching ramp we had run well over twenty miles and only burned 3 gallons of fuel. I don't know if it is the design of the boat or if there is something supernatural about this 15 hp engine. It seems to have the power of a 25 hp but only burns the fuel of a 5 hp. Amazing! Next I have to see if it's got enough oomph to pull a wakeboarder. First I have to install some cleats to tie a ski rope to. By the way, now that it is a real boat, I've got to come up with a name for it. Noëlle has said that I can't name it after her and the best that I've come up with so far is "Starship", but I feel that there has to be something a lot better. Anybody have any ideas? Let me know!

No comments: